– Makes 12 cupcakes
For the Cake:
First bowl ingredients:
– 210ml soya milk (or any vegan milk)
– 150g or 3/4 cup of caster sugar
– 75ml or just less than 1/3 cup of neutral oil
– 1tsp vanilla extract
– 1 tbsp lemon juice (add just before mixing together these ingredients with the other bowl)
Second bowl ingredients:
– 180g or 1 1/2 cups of flour
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1/2 tsp baking soda
– 550g icing sugar
– 190g dairy free spread
– 1 tbsp vanilla extract
– Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
– Mix each bowl of ingredients. individually and then mix them together only until combined.
– Cook for 18-20 minutes.
– For the icing whisk together ingredients, start with half the amount of icing sugar and add gradually until the icing is firm enough to hold it's shape.
– Simply double the mixture to make one normal sized vanilla sponge cake.