– 1 cup of vegan milk, at room temperature
– ¼ cup coconut oil
– ¼ cup sugar
– 1 tsp instant yeast
– 3 cups flour + ½ cup
– ½ teaspoon salt
– ½ cup brown sugar
– ½ cup granulated sugar
– 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
– ¼ cup coconut oil
– ¼ cup granulated sugar
– ¼ cup brown sugar
– 1 cup coconut cream
– For the dough, whisk together the almond milk and sugar in a large bowl.
– Sprinkle the yeast evenly over the warm mixture and let set for 1 minute.
– Add ¼ cup coconut oil, 3 cups flour and ½ a teaspoon of salt to the milk mixture and mix with a wooden spoon until just combined. Knead into a ball and place back in the bowl.
– Cover the bowl with a tea towel and set in a warm place to rise for 20 minutes.
– Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
– After 20 minutes, the dough should have nearly doubled in size.
– Remove the towel and add an additional ½ cup of flour. Combine well, then turn out onto a well-floured surface.
– Knead the dough lightly, adding additional flour as necessary, until the dough just loses its stickiness and does not stick to the surface.
– Cut the dough into small chunks and roughly roll into a small ball.
– Mix together coating ingredients (keep the coconut oil in a separate bowl).
– Coat in chunk of dough in the coconut oil first and then roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
– Once coated, put the rest of the cinnamon sugar mix and coconut oil into the bottom of your cake tin.
– Then place all the chunks into a lined cake tin.
– Bake in a preheated oven at 350˚F (180˚C) for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
– Make the glaze by mixing coconut cream and sugar in a sauce pan on a low heat.
– Mix until all the sugar has dissolved.
– Turn the heat up a little to a low simmer and leave it to simmer (do not stir) until it starts to foam.
– Scoop off the foam carefully and leave to simmer until the mixture has darkened slightly and until it’s reduced by half.
– While still warm, drizzle evenly with the glaze.