- 1 cup soy milk (must be soy milk in order to curdle)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup oil (any)
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 500g icing sugar
- 180g vegan butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Add soy milk and lemon juice to a pan on low heat and allow to curdle.
- Add the curdled milk to a mixing bowl, add sugar and vanilla then whisk until combined.
- Add and whisk in the oil.
- Sift and add the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and whisk until lump free.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes at 180 degrees or until they spring back when touched and a knife comes out clean.
- For the icing whisk together ingredients, start with half the amount of icing sugar and add gradually until the icing is firm enough to hold it's shape.
*Makes 24cm cake (one layer) or 12 Muffins
*Double or triple mix to make 2/3 layered cake.
*For chocolate cake add in 1 tbsp instant coffee powder to curdled milk and substitute 1/4 flour for cocoa powder.
*Fold in 1/3 cup chocolate chips/blueberries before adding to cases for muffins.
*Optionally swap white sugar for brown sugar or use half and half