– 3/4 + 2tbsp warm water
– 1/4 cup sugar
– 2tsp instant yeast
– 2 cups flour
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 2 tbsp vegan butter + 1tbsp melted for glazing
– Add warm water, sugar and instant yeast to a bowl and whisk until the yeast has dissolved.
– Let it sit for 10 minutes.
– Add flour and salt and bring together into a dough.
– Add 2 tbsp of vegan butter and knead it into the dough until combined (add more flour if necessary).
– Cover your dough with a tea towel and let it rest for 1-2 hours or until doubled in size in a warm area.
– Knead the dough until it’s back to it’s original size and cut into 6 pieces. (Roll into small buns OR)
– Add each piece of dough to a floured surface and use a rolling pin to get it into a regular shape.
– Roll up the dough starting with the short edge and add to a lined loaf tin.
– Repeat with all 6 pieces.
– Cover with a tea towel and let it rest in a warm area for another hour.
– Preheat your oven to 180 degrees
– Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
– Once baked brush on the melted butter, cover with a tea towel and allow to cool or enjoy warm.