– 1 sachet of instant yeast (7g)
– 3 cups + 1/2 a cup of white flour
– 1 cup of warm water
– 2 teaspoon of salt
– 1 tbsp of sugar
– 1 tbsp of oil
– Add 3 cups of flour, the yeast, salt and sugar to a bowl.
– Add 1 cup of warm water and the oil to the bowl.
– Combine the ingredients with a spoon until it comes together.
– Add the other 1/2 cup of flour, a tablespoon at a time, to the dough until it looses its stickiness. (You can use your hands to do this)
– Knead the dough for 10 minutes and then place the dough back into the bowl, cover with a damp cloth and put in a warm area to rise for 30 minutes.
– Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
– Take the dough out of the bowl (it should have doubled in size) and knead it until the dough reduces back to its original size (roughly 5 times) and roll into a large sausage shape to fit into the base of an oiled bread tin.
– Cover the tin with a cloth and wait until the dough has risen almost to the top of the tin.
– Bake for 40 minutes or until the top of the bread is golden brown.
– Take the bread out of the tin and wrap in a cloth for 30 minutes so that it sweats and so the crust will soften.
– Allow to cool completely before slicing.