– 2 tsp of instant yeast
– 4 cups of white flour
– 1 1/4 cup of warm water
– 2 teaspoon of salt
– 1 tbsp of sugar
– 3 tbsp of coconut oil
– Add the water, yeast and sugar to a bowl and mix until combined.
– Leave to sit for 1 minute.
– Add the flour and salt to the bowl.
– Combine the ingredients with a knife until it comes together.
– Add water a tablespoon at a time, to the dough if it is too dry. (You can use your hands to do this)
– Add 2 tbsp of oil to a surface
– Knead the dough for 10 minutes adding the last tbsp of oil if the dough starts to stick to the surface and then place the dough back into a lightly oiled bowl, cover with a damp cloth and put in a warm area to rise for 30 minutes.
– Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
– Take the dough out of the bowl (it should have doubled in size) and knead it until the dough reduces back to its original size (roughly 5 times) and roll into a large sausage shape to fit into the base of an oiled bread tin.
– Cover the tin with a cloth and wait until the dough has risen almost to the top of the tin.
– Bake for 40 minutes or until the top of the bread is golden brown.
– Take the bread out of the tin and wrap in a cloth for 30 minutes so that it sweats and so the crust will soften.
– Allow to cool completely before slicing.