– 2 tbsp of coconut oil (substitute with any oil)
– 1 tsp of salt and pepper
– 1 tsp of oregano
– 1 onion
– 4 cloves of garlic
– 1 can of tinned chopped tomatoes
– 4 tbsp tomato purée
– 2 large carrots
– 10 medium size button mushrooms
– 1 vegetable stock cube
– 1/3 cup of lentils (Red or Green)
– Peel your onion and garlic and then pulse in a food processor until finely chopped.
– Heat oil in a large sauce pan.
– Add the onions, garlic, salt, pepper and oregano and cook until the onions are translucent, then add the tomato puree.
– Roughly chop your carrots and put them and your mushrooms in your food processor and blend until extremely fine.
– Then add blended carrots and mushrooms to your pan and mix until everything is combined
– Add prepare and add a cub of vegetable stock and the tinned tomatoes. Then add your lentils along with 1 cup of boiling water and stir until combined.
– Cover and bring to the boil. (Approx 10 minutes)
– Simmer on a low heat until your carrots and lentils are cooked (Approx 30 minutes)
– Serve with Spaghetti, Pasta or with Jacket Potatoes.