– 3/4 cup granulated sugar
– 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
– 1/4 cup Plant based milk
– 2 tsp vanilla extract
– 3 medium overripe bananas
– 1 1/4 cups flour
– 2 tsp baking powder
– 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice)
– 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
– 1 cup diced strawberries
Coconut Drizzle Ingredients:
– 1 cup coconut milk
– 1/4 cup sugar
– Preheat oven to 350F.
– Whisk together granulated sugar, coconut oil, milk, and vanilla. If your milk is very cold, it could cause the coconut oil to solidify into small white blobs; it’s okay if that happens.
– Mash the bananas, add them your bowl and stir to combine.
– Add the flour, baking powder, salt, and stir to combine. The Mixture will be lumpy (do not overmix or the blondies will be tough)
– Add 1 cup of strawberries and gently fold to combine *keep a few pieces to top the blondies*
– Turn mixture out into a square tin fitted with foil and smooth the top lightly with a spatula.
– Decorate with the left over strawberries (can also use sliced banana to decorate if you want)
– Bake for about 20 minutes then cover with foil and bake for a further 20 minutes or until a knife comes out clean or with a few crumbs but no wet mixture.
– Allow the cake to cool for at least 30 minutes. While the cake cooks, make the drizzle.
– To make the coconut drizzle add the ingredients to a saucepan and simmer over a low heat continuously stirring until all the sugar has dissolved.
– Then continue to simmer without stirring until it has condensed to half the amount.
– Take it off the heat and allow to cool before drizzling over the blondies.