For the Cake:
First bowl ingredients:
– 200ml soya milk (or any vegan milk)
– 150g or 3/4 cup of caster sugar
– 75ml or just less than 1/3 cup of neutral oil
– 1tsp vanilla extract
– 1 tbsp lemon zest
– 1/4 cup lemon juice (add just before mixing together these ingredients with the other bowl)
Second bowl ingredients:
– 180g or 1 1/2 cups of flour
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1/2 tsp baking soda
– 3/4 cup coconut milk
– 1/4 cup sugar
– 1/4 cup lemon juice
– Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
– Mix each bowl of ingredients. individually and then mix them together only until combined.
– Cook for 18-20 minutes.
– To make the Lemon drizzle add the coconut milk and sugar to a saucepan and simmer over a low heat continuously stirring until all the sugar has dissolved.
– Then continue to simmer without stirring until it has condensed to half the amount.
– Take it off the heat, stir in the lemon juice and drizzle over the cake straight out of the oven.
– Top Tip: Poke holes in the cake with a fork before pouring over the drizzle to allow it to seep into the cake.