For the Cake:
First bowl ingredients:
– 210ml soya milk (or any vegan milk)
– 50ml Espresso
– 1 cup of brown sugar
– 75ml or just less than 1/3 cup of neutral oil
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 2 tbsp of Biscoff spread (Smooth or Crunchy)
– 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar (add just before mixing together these ingredients with the other bowl)
Second bowl ingredients:
– 180g or 1 1/2 cups of flour
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1/2 tsp baking soda
– A Pinch of Salt
– 1 cup coconut cream
– 1/4 cup sugar
– 1/2 cup Biscoff spread (Smooth or Crunchy)
– Preheat the oven to 200 degrees
– Mix each bowl of ingredients. individually and then mix them together only until combined.
– Cook for 18-20 minutes.
– For the icing add the coconut cream and sugar to a saucepan and simmer over a low heat continuously stirring until all the sugar has dissolved.
– Then continue to simmer without stirring until it has condensed to half the amount.
– Take it off the heat and Mix with the Biscoff Spread.
– Allow to cool at room temperature before icing the cake.
– Simply double the mixture to make one normal sized vanilla sponge cake.