First bowl ingredients:
– 2 cups of all purpose flour
– 2 tsp baking powder
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 2 tsp ground cinnamon
– 2 teaspoons ground ginger
– ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
– ¼ teaspoon salt
Second bowl ingredients:
– ½ cup coconut oil
– ½ cup brown or white sugar
– ½ cup date syrup (or molasses)
– ¼ cup water
– 1 teaspoon vanilla
– 1 cup Icing Sugar
– ½ tsp vanilla
– Preheat the oven to 200 degrees
– Mix each bowl of ingredients individually and then add the first bowl of ingredients gradually into the second bowl and stir until combined.
– Put the dough into the freezer for at least 30 minutes or until firm.
– Take a 1/4 of the dough out of the freezer and roll out on greaseproof paper. Use your desired shaped cookie cutter to shape the dough.
– Put the shaped dough into the freezer for a further 5 minutes and then bake at 200 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
– Repeat until all the dough has been used.
– Once baked, allow to cool completely before icing.
– To make the icing, add the icing sugar and vanilla to a bowl, gradually add water a tablespoon at a time until it reaches a consistency you can decorate the cookies with.
– Decorate and ENJOY!