– 1 1/2 cups or 200g gluten free flour
– 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
– 1 cups or 100g ground almonds
– 1 cup or 200g coconut or brown sugar
– 1 1/2 medium carrots
– 1/3 cup or 50g raisins
– 1 1/4 cups or 300ml almond milk (or any vegan milk)
– 1/4 cup or 50g coconut oil (or any neutral tasting oil)
– 1 cup coconut milk
– 1/4 cup sugar
– 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
– Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius.
– Add flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, ground almonds and coconut sugar to a bowl and combine with a wooden spoon.
– Peel and grate the carrots and add them to the bowl.
– Add in the raisins, almond milk, vinegar and oil and mix until combined.
– grease your cake tin and add the batter.
– Bake at 180 degrees celsius for 35-40 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. Allow to cool in their tins.
– To make the coconut drizzle add the ingredients to a saucepan and simmer over a low heat continuously stirring until all the sugar has dissolved.
– Then continue to simmer without stirring until it has condensed to half the amount.
– Take it off the heat and allow to cool before icing the cake.
– Decorate with chopped walnuts or any toppings you would like and enjoy!