In vegan baking there are many different egg replacements you can use for different recipes, it is often trial and error with these as some work better than others depending on what you are baking but none should effect the overall taste of the bake.
Each of these can be used in place of 1 egg in cake, muffin, cookie and brownie recipes:
- 1/2 medium mashed banana.
- 1 tbsp of ground flaxseeds mixed with 2 tbsp of water left for a few minutes.
- 1/4 cup of vegan yoghurt.
- 1/4 cup silken tofu (unsalted)
- 1/4 cup fruit/veg puree. (such as apple sauce and pumpkin puree)