Ingredients: (for 10 servings)
½ cup sugar (100 g)
½ cup dark brown sugar (165 g), packed (can substitute for caster sugar)
1 teaspoon salt
½ cup refined coconut oil (120 g), melted
¼ cup non-dairy milk OR water (60 mL)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lime juice
1 ½ cups flour (185 g)
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup vegan peanut butter
1/2 cup strawberry jam
– In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, brown sugar, salt, and coconut oil until combined.
– Whisk in non-dairy milk/water, lime juice and vanilla, until all sugar has dissolved and the batter is smooth.
– Sift in the flour, baking soda and baking powder, then fold the mixture with a spatula, being careful not to overmix.
– Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes.
– Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
– Scoop the dough with an ice cream scoop then flatten the dough into a disk and put 1 teaspoon of peanut butter and jam in the centre and close the dough around the filling until it is totally covered.
– Place onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Be sure to leave at least 2 inches of space – between cookies and the edges of the pan so cookies can spread evenly.
– Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until cookies just begin to brown.
– Allow to cool completely.